Hong Kong Profits Tax - Objection and Appeal -- Hong Kong Business -- kaizen
HomeAbout UsServicesDownloadFAQsContact UsBBS

    Quick Acess

Hong Kong Business
Current position : Service >> Hong Kong Business
Hong Kong Profits Tax - Objection and Appeal

1. I received a Profits Tax assessment and found that the profits assessed and the tax charged are too high. Can I object to this assessment?

Yes, but you must lodge a written notice of objection with the Inland Revenue Department within one month after the date of issue of the assessment, stating the grounds for your objection clearly. You may complete the relevant parts of the Form I.R.831 for objection / application for revision of assessment, and return it to the IRD either by post ( P.O. Box 28777 , Gloucester Road Post Office, Hong Kong ) or by fax (2877 1232).

If it is against an estimated assessment issued because of the failure to lodge a return, a properly completed return together with the accounts, where applicable, must also be submitted with the notice of objection.

Pending the ultimate settlement of the objection, you should pay the sum indicated on the demand note, or follow the Assessorˇ¦s advice regarding how much tax you should pay (whether you have to pay the full tax initially assessed, or are allowed to pay a lesser amount while the objection is being investigated). The Commissioner of the IRD may impose a surcharge on any tax not settled by the due date.

If you are still not satisfied with the determination of the Commissioner of IRD, you may further lodge a n appeal against the determination to the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance) which is an independent tribunal. Your appeal should be made in writing to the Clerk to the Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance) within one month of the date of issue of the Commissionerˇ¦s written determination.

Previous two similar articles:

Temporarily does not have the material!

 Offshore Company